pdb-l: Errors in "author determined" bio assy?

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at psi.ch
Fri Jun 14 06:15:43 PDT 2013

Hi Eric

Here are a few cases for which the REMARK 350 annotated by authors says
the protein is a monomer but the authors in the paper say that the
proteins are actually dimers and prove it with independent experimental
methods (like AUC, gel filtration or light scattering):

3pc4
1wxi
1w3u
2ex2
2fwv
1mdo
1ytq
1v2x

Thus my guess is that these cases are most likely authors annotating a
monomer by default, since the asymmetric unit is monomeric.

Hope it helps

Jose

---
Jose Duarte