pdb-l: Modifying existing PDBs

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Fri Mar 27 13:38:09 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I noticed today that 1hsg has been changed from what it used to be.
Previously it had chain A and B and all other records, including waters,
were on another chain which had an empty id. You can verify this by
downloading 1hsg from one of pdb mirrors:
http://pdb.life.nthu.edu.tw/pdb-bin/save-pdb?id=1hsg

In the latest 1hsg from pdb.org, the third chain is gone, and all the
record in it were assigned to either chain A or B.
http://www.pdb.org/pdb/download/downloadFile.do?fileFormat=pdb&compression=NO&structureId=1HSG

Is there any announcement planned to explain these changes?

I appreciate very much all the work PDB staff has done to create and
maintain PDB.

Thank you,
Sargis

--
Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer III
The Scripps Research Institute,