pdb-l: Modifying existing PDBs

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at scripps.edu
Fri Mar 27 13:38:09 PDT 2009

I noticed today that 1hsg has been changed from what it used to be.
Previously it had chain A and B and all other records, including waters,
were on another chain which had an empty id. You can verify this by
downloading 1hsg from one of pdb mirrors:

In the latest 1hsg from pdb.org, the third chain is gone, and all the
record in it were assigned to either chain A or B.

Is there any announcement planned to explain these changes?

I appreciate very much all the work PDB staff has done to create and
maintain PDB.

Thank you,

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer III
The Scripps Research Institute,
Dept. Molecular Biology,  MB-5,
10550  North Torrey Pines Road,
La Jolla,  CA 92037-1000