pdb-l: Hydrogen bonds

Kevin Karplus karplus at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:56:41 PST 2004

Not all knowledge resides on the internet.
Perhaps some of these books may have the answers to your questions:

  Author  Jeffrey, George A., 1915-
  Title An introduction to hydrogen bonding / George A. Jeffrey.
  Publisher New York : Oxford University Press, 1997.
  Series  Topics in physical chemistry

  Title Theoretical treatments of hydrogen bonding / edited by Dusan Hadzi.
  Publisher Chichester, England ; New York : John Wiley, c1997.
  Series  Wiley research series in theoretical chemistry

  Author  Pimentel, George C.
  Title The hydrogen bond [by] George C. Pimentel [and] Aubrey L. McClellan. Drawings by Roger Hayward.
  Publisher San Francisco W.H. Freeman 1960
  Series  A Series of chemistry books

  Author  Vinogradov, Serge N., 1933-
  Title Hydrogen bonding [by] Serge N. Vinogradov and Robert H. Linnell.
  Publisher New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold [1971]

  Author  Jeffrey, George A., 1915-
  Title Hydrogen bonding in biological structures / G.A. Jeffrey, W. Saenger
  Publisher Berlin ; New York : Springer-Verlag, c1991

Incidentally, if anyone on the list has actually read all these books,
I'd be interested in knowing which is the best to recommend to grad
students in bioinformatics interested in protein structure prediction.
I may even have some time on my sabbatical to do some reading myself!