[Rocks-Discuss] SGE Alternative

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 09:22:36 PDT 2011

--- On Mon, 3/21/11, Chi Chan <chichan2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw a few batch system software vendors running google ads.
>
> So I clicked on the ad, and I found that PBSPro (now called
> PBS Works)
> is offerred at a very cheap price,

Two things I wanted to point out at the "Migrate from Grid Engine to PBS Professional" website:

Capability     | Grid Engine    |    PBS Professional |
Scalability    | Max: 64k cores |    Unlimited cores  |
Support	       | U.S. & Germany | Local experts in 18+ countries...

- I don't think Grid Engine (or Open Grid Scheduler) can *only* handle 64K cores.
- and I believe one can get Oracle Grid Engine support outside of the US & Germany.

Rayson