[Rocks-Discuss] TORQUE/Maui/Moab roll - how to have dedicatednodes?

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at cc.uit.no
Sat May 31 02:11:13 PDT 2008

On Saturday 31 May 2008, Tim Carlson wrote:
> > I've done some testing and can't get this to work properly. I to would
> > now be interested in seeing if there is a good solution. I'm stumped.
>
> I am sure there is a pretty way to do this but the following worked for
> me. Just set the parallel nodes to MAXJOB=1. I tested this out and it did
> actually work :)
>
> NODEACCESSPOLICY  SHARED
> NODECFG[compute-0-10] MAXJOB=1
> NODECFG[compute-0-11] MAXJOB=1

Great news, I'll keep this in mind.  This would be a pretty solution if we
could get the NODECFG to accept regexps.

We currently have a SINGLEUSER policy on our production cluster, this seems to
fix most of the issues.  No matter if users run parallel or serial jobs they
get the nodes for themselves.  The users running serial jobs do a lot of them
concurrently and we do not have separate nodes for serial and parallel work.

Regards,
r.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
              phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
         Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: royd at cc.uit.no