[Rocks-Discuss] Rocks 5: unable to contact qmaster using port 536

Philip Papadopoulos philip.papadopoulos at gmail.com
Thu May 29 22:08:01 PDT 2008

Even if your IP address is given to you via DHCP  -- the public address and
hostname must be defined statically
during installation. Naming is extremely sensitive for various systems, and
what we have works across
a number of services.  You almost certainly need to reinstall your frontend
to get the public and private hostname
propagated properly to various pieces of configuration.

-P

--
Philip Papadopoulos, PhD
University of California, San Diego