[Rocks-Discuss]eth device change

Jeffrey C. Keller jck7765 at cs.rit.edu
Fri Jan 23 06:47:03 PST 2004

The easiest way would probably be to disable the fast ethernet device so
that the startup process for Rocks assigns eth0 to the gigabit
interface.  The interface assignments on the frontend can be changed
easily after the install process via reordering the interfaces in the
/etc/modules.conf file (beware of any HWADDR lines in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg...)

All of this does of course assume that you will be putting *all* traffic
over the gigabit network.  It is very possible to separate different
types of traffic over two networks (say, save the gigabit for MPI traffic.)

Cheers,

Jeff

--
Jeffrey C. Keller